Most accidents are caused by carelessness! They can take place anywhere, at anytime. Sometimes these accidents are minor and do not cause much injury but sometimes, they do end up risking our lives and are often declared serious. However, this does not mean you cannot save yourself from such happenings. Injuries are often predictable and preventable. The only need is to know some simple rules of safety and follow all measures of protection.
At an office or in a school or inside any premises accidents or injuries can occur due to fall, fire, electric shock or poisoning. So, in these cases, following are some of the ways of prevention take a look.
- In case of Falls
These are the most common kinds of accidents not just inside any premises but also outside. In case of accidents inside you can avoid them by keeping the floors clean and dry. Most of the time slippery or watery floors are the most common reasons. Sometimes, you can also fall down by rushing up or down the stairs leading to fractures and muscle pulls. So, make sure you walk carefully.
- In case of fire
Fire accidents often take place at places that involve usage of gas, fuel, etc. In a home, kitchen is the main place where this kind of happening occurs. So, in order to avoid such mishappening, following are some of the measures you should definitely take.
- Avoid wearing nylon or synthetic clothes whenever near the fire because they catch fire easily.
- Stay clear of hot things and do not go near fire until and unless important.
- Do not forget to turn off the gas and stoves when not in use.
- In case gas leak is suspected, the first and foremost thing is to immediately open all the doors and windows of your home and make sure you do not light matchsticks or turn on any of the electric switches.
- In case of electric shocks
Faulty wiring is the major reasons for electric shocks. In case electric gadgets are defective and not handled properly, they can prove to be really dangerous just like electric shocks. To avoid such accidents related to electricity, following measures should definitely be taken.
- Since water is good conductor electricity make sure you do not touch any of the electric appliances with wet hands.
- Turn off the switches before touching the appliance.
- In case of spark turn off the supply immediately.
- Do not stand on a wet floor or wear wet slippers while turning off the switch.
- In case of poisoning
Poisoning can be avoided by following these measures. Take a look.
- Disinfectants, insecticides etc. should be kept out of reach of children as they contain harmful chemicals to kill germs and bacteria. Heavy dosage of such cause serious threat to your life.
- Stale, spoilt and exposed food is also sometime the reason of poisoning. So, it is important to throw them out immediately and keep it out of children.
Since injuries are preventable, you can definitely save yourself by following the aforementioned measures. So, get set and have a deep insight to live a happy and healthy life.
Source: - CMC Hospital Mohali