It is essential to know how your breasts normally look and feel for your breast health. Finding breast cancer as early as possible gives you a better chance of successful treatment. With screening tests, it becomes possible to find breast diseases like breast cancer in its early stages, before any symptoms appear.
The most common symptom of breast cancer is a new lump or mass. A painless, hard mass that has irregular edges is more likely to be cancer, but breast cancers can be tender, soft, or rounded.
They can even be painful. For this reason, it is important to have any new breast mass, lump, or breast change checked by a health care professional experienced in diagnosing breast diseases.
Breast cancer can cause several additional changes to the skin on and around the breast.
In some cases, breast cancer may not cause any symptoms, but a doctor will identify a mass on a mammogram. Screening for breast cancer as recommended by a doctor can help detect this condition in its earliest and most treatable stage.
Some warning signs of breast cancer are—
- New lump in the breast or underarm (armpit).
- Thickening or swelling of part of the breast.
- Irritation or dimpling of breast skin.
- Redness or flaky skin in the nipple area or the breast.
- Pulling in of the nipple or pain in the nipple area.
- Nipple discharge other than breast milk, including blood.
- Any change in the size or the shape of the breast.
- Pain in any area of the breast.
Seeing a doctor for evaluation and diagnosis can help determine whether any breast changes are cause for concern.
Visit our specialists at CMC, Mohali for any consultation, diagnosis, and treatment regarding breast cancer.
Also, Check: Do’s & Don’t For Working Pregnant Women