At CMC our main thrust is to provide safe and comfortable anesthesia in a friendly environment. A team of highly experienced and skilled anesthesiologists well versed with modern technology, the finest equipment and the latest drugs will ensure utmost patients’ safety and comfort.
At CMC, Surgeons performs a different type of surgical procedures per year, which includes:
- General and minimally invasive surgery.
Patients planned for surgical procedures are given a thorough physical checkup and are optimized for any co-existent medical conditions. This checkup is called PAC (Pre-anesthesia check-up). This also provides an opportunity to brief the patients regarding the options in anesthesia and methods of postoperative pain relief available. We also attempt to allay the anxieties of the patient regarding the surgery and anesthesia and respect patients’ choices. All this information enable the anesthesiologist to plan anesthesia and postoperative pain relief technique in a manner that the best suit to a particular patient.
PAC (Pre-anesthesia check-up) is a pre-condition for safe anesthesia. Prior to administration of any type of anesthesia, the patient has to be checked up by an anesthesiologist. In pre-anesthesia check up the following are done:
- Patient history and physical examination
- Investigations in the laboratory, imaging, and others, as necessary
- Set the questionnaire to be answered by the patient
- Explaining to the patient and then obtaining informed consent
Every patient who is planning for surgery must undergo PAC. This is to ensure the safety of the patient. It provides an opportunity to detect and treat the patient’s other medical diseases, the patient might be suffering from and to make the patient as fit as possible before the operation so that the risk involved in the operation can be minimized.
We aim to provide the utmost care and monitoring of the patients in the crucial postoperative period as well as patients suffering from other medical diseases (e. g. acute pancreatitis, acute myocardial infarction) to assure patients’ comfort to prevent any critical incidents.
Available Services & Treatment:
- Anesthesia for Routine Surgery & Emergency surgery
- Local Anesthesia
- General Anesthesia
- Regional Anesthesia
- Epidural Anesthesia (for painless delivery)
- Spinal Anesthesia
- Peripheral nerve blocks
- Saddle block
- Sedation for endoscopy
- Management of intensive care/critically ill patients
- Labor analgesia
- Post-operative analgesia and pain relief
- Pain Clinic for chronic pain and palliative care
- PAC (Pre-Anesthesia check-up)