Dr. VJS Virdi
Dr. VJS Virdi has to his credit publications in the indexed journal from CMC. The team members continue to learn new techniques for the betterment of patient care.
He has twenty papers in indexed journals to his credit including half of them as an international publication. He has successfully completed the neonatal as well as pediatric basic and advanced life support courses. He has also successfully undergone the VIII pediatric intensive care training programme at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi. He is also an expert orator and has presented papers & delivered lectures at various places like COGS & FOGSI Convocations. He is a life member of IAP and National Neonatology forum as well as the pediatric nephrology & Gastroenterology groups. He was one of the panellists on a panel discussion on “Birth Asphyxia” at the annual IAP meeting 2005 – 2006 held at PGIMER.
OTHER ACADEMIC AND ORGANISATIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Speaker for the symposium on ‘low birth weight babies’ by Nestle Nutrition Services, May 1995 at Ludhiana.
- Member of the organizing committee of Annual NW Chapter IAP conference in February at DMCH, Ludhiana.
- Member of the organizing committee of annual NW Chapter IAP conference in February at DMCH, Ludhiana.
History & Evolvement:
Dr B.S Cheema established CMC in 1988 with a vision to offer the highest quality medical services. Dr A.S Cheema himself a pediatrician took over the charge in 1998 and guided the hospital to reach newer heights. Today CMC has evolved into a complete multi-specialty hospital certified by ISO – 9001: 2000. The neonatal and pediatric intensive care got a thrust with the joining of Dr V.J.S Virdi in the yrs 2002 who is now looking after the comprehensive newborn, pediatrics & pediatric nephrology. The newer additions are the services for Neonatal, Pediatric Surgery & Pediatric Urology by Dr Money Gupta (MCh. PGI)
NICU Technology & Leadership
CMC was the first ever hospital to start a level – II newborn Intensive care 6 bedded NICU with four dedicated neonatal ventilators and a staff ratio of one per two patients. The unit is dedicated to the care of sick premature babies starting 32 weeks gestation & 1800 g birth weight to babies having asphyxia, neonatal jaundice, and septicemia and multi-organ dysfunction syndrome, etc. SEIMENS 300 a ventilator facilitating the ventilation of neonates & children of 0-18 yrs age group.
The unit was also the first in starting surfactant therapy in the year 2000 for premature babies having respiratory distress syndrome. Double surface phototherapy units are an added advantage for the management of babies with jaundice. Facilities for blood exchange transfusion & partial exchange by both central & peripheral route are available. All emergency and elective newborn & pediatric surgeries like Hernia, Appendicitis etc the definition of “Under A Single Roof” comprehensive newborn & child care.
PICU Technology & Leadership
CMC was also the pioneer in starting care of sick children in the pediatric intensive care unit which is a part of the 6 bedded ICU.
- PNG Fellowship in Paediatric Nephrology (AIMMS)
- M.B.B.S., MD (Paeds).
- Department of Neonatology and Paediatric Surgery
- VJS Virdi has worked as a consultant at the Govt. Medical College & Hospital – 32, Chandigarh.
- He has also done his Shalini Rakesh Fellowship in pediatric nephrology from AIIMS.
Memberships & Certifications
- Life member of Indian Academy of Pediatrics.
- Life Member of North West chapter and Chandigarh chapter of IAP.
- Executive member of Chandigarh IAP for 1999 – 2000 and 2000 – 2001.
Awards & Accomplishments
- Dr VJS Virdi has to his credit publications in the indexed journal from CMC. The team members continue to learn new techniques for the betterment of patient care.