The key to healthy aging is a healthy lifestyle. Eating a variety of nutritious foods and including physical activity in your daily routine can go a long way toward promoting healthy ageing.
Most vital organs gradually become less efficient with age. The kidneys are less able to keep enough water in your body. And the heart can start to show signs of wear and tear. So as you get older, it’s important to be physically active, drink plenty of water, and choose healthy foods.
Following some of these tips can help you with healthy ageing:
- Get a routine checkup for blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes at least once a year.
- High blood pressure can cause heart disease, kidney problems, blindness, and other health problems.
- Cholesterol is fat in our bodies. When cholesterol levels are high, this fat can cause heart disease, strokes, and other health problems.
- Especially if you are hungry or thirsty all the time, are overweight, or find that you have to urinate often, get yourself checked for diabetes.
- Add taking calcium and vitamin D in your everyday routine.
- A full body checkup is highly recommended.
- Bring about lifestyle modification by exercising regularly and eating healthy.
- Avoid heavy use of alcohol or drugs.
- Quit smoking.
We at CMC offer you a full body check-up and other services to help you keep up with your health. Consult our highly skilled and specialized doctors for any help regarding healthy ageing.