Swine Flu, also known as Swine Influenza is an infection that brings the common flu conditions within human bodies leading towards respiratory and neural complexities being neglected. It was initially spotted as a respiratory infection in pigs that later transmitted to the human bodies. Hence, it is also known with the names like pig influenza or pig flu.
Being caused by the strains of Swine influenza virus (SIV) like H1N1, H1N2, etc., it is also known as H1NI flu or H1N1 influenza. Especially, the H1N1 virus is more prominent in humans transmitting quickly from one to the other. Humans are hugely sensitive towards these viruses. A great number of people can be affected by the viruses due to a mere sneeze by the affected person.
Symptoms of Swine flu in humans are pretty much equivalent as of due to other flues. Anyway, the following symptoms are more frequent to be found.
• Fever of about 100 F, or sometimes more
• A cough with nasal secretions
• Aching throat
• Runny or stuffy nose
• Continuous and moderate body pain
• Common Headache, not exactly of migraine pain
• Some cross with Diarrhea
Why It Is Dangerous:
H1N1 viruses are extremely infectious in humans. Upon affecting, these viruses primarily attack the respiratory systems of the concerned person. These viruses quickly invade into your body when you breathe in the infected nasal or oral transmissions.
It can enter into your body even through the infected places to your nasal portions, eyes or through eyes. Hence, it is advised to cover the face completely while traveling outside, especially at the H1N1 infected zones. The infected personalities are strictly advised to cover the face perfectly while sneezing.
Where Does It Lead?
Matured H1N1 infection can lead towards following issues within the concerned person’s body.
• Growth of the infection/virus leads towards the cardiac or bronchi issues
• In some cases it causes Pneumonia
• Coming across with neurological issues is also not uncommon.
• In worst cases, the respiratory system disrupts completely.
Following medications or therapeutics has been handy against the infectious viruses in affected person. The best part, these can be easily accomplished by yourself at home.
• Vegetable soups are considered extremely effective. The person should drink sufficient water to avoid dehydration.
• The patient is advised to take complete rest.
• One should go with the vaccination or the pain killers advised. Still, the natural options like Tulsi (Basil) and Garlic and hot milk are extremely effective against the virus.
Prevention is always most recommended and preferred than cure. Hence, the following precautions can almost guarantee you to be at a safer side from Swine Flu.
• Upon being infected, it is advised strictly to stay in an isolated room taking complete rest and ensuring it not spreading to the others. Especially, kids, pregnant ladies and elderly should be most avoided from infected people.
• Make sure you have covered the mouth completely while sneezing. However, you shouldn’t sneeze on a bare hand. Rather, the usage of hanky or tissue papers is suggested to be used.
• The living place and the surrounding zones should be thoroughly cleaned, and you should ensure there is no dump area around.