Genital cancer is cancer affecting the male and female genitals. The female genital system consists of organs such as the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, cervix, vagina, and vulva. The male genital system consists mainly of the penis, scrotum, urethra and their encompassed structures.
Various genital cancers may include:
- Testicular cancer
- Penile cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Endometrial or Uterine cancer
A warning sign indicates a serious condition that needs your special attention. You may suffer from certain signs and symptoms that don’t always mean that cancer is present. But they are just warning signs which suspect that you might have cancer. As soon as you feel these signs and symptoms, you should go and visit your doctor for timely diagnosis and treatment:
In the case of cancer, men may face the following changes:-
- An area of skin becoming thicker
- Changes in the skin color
- A lump
- An ulcer (sore) that might bleed
- A reddish, velvety rash
- Small, crusty bumps
- Flat, bluish-brown growths
- Smelly discharge (fluid) or bleeding
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Lump, or swelling in the testes
- The ache in the lower abdomen (belly)
- Change in shape of testicles
- Fluid in scrotum
- Heaviness of scrotum
- blood in urine
- Weak flow of urine,
- pain in the back, hips, or pelvis (lower belly between the hips)
- Urge for frequent urination.
Females may face following warning signs:
- Light bleeding or blood spots between menstrual periods.
- Vaginal discharge changes: watery, foul-smelling or more discharge than usual.
- Pain or discomfort during sexual intercourse.
- Bleeding during or after sex, or after a pelvic exam.
- Increased or extended menstrual bleeding.
- Pelvic or unexplained back pain.
- Postmenopausal bleeding.
- Abdominal Bloating, Fullness, Pressure
- Pelvic Pain or discomfort
- Increased frequency of urination
- Loss of appetite or feeling full quickly after eating
- Persistent gas or Indigestion
- Lower back pain
- Increase in the size of your abdomen
- Pain during sexual activity
ENDOMETRIAL/ UTERINE CANCER
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Foul smelling discharge
- Sudden weight loss
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Pain in the pelvic region
Visit for timely detection and diagnosis of the genital cancers. We are equipped with well-read specialists and facilities to provide you with the best treatment.